The What: The movement to build what’s next is gaining momentum. Since its launch last November, Built Positive has spread across the globe with its vision of positive impact for materials and products used in the built environment. Now we need YOUR help to continue to grow this movement!
The Cradle to Cradle Products Innovation Institute’s last stop on its US Fall tour is in San Francisco. The upcoming free, full-day seminar, Built Positive Workshop: Exploring Buildings as Materials Banks, will be a deep dive into opportunities for for circularity in the built environment. This workshop will challenge attendees to consider the possibilities for intergenerational benefit and future value that are opened up by selecting safe ingredients that can be perpetually cycled for their build/design projects.
Workshop learning objectives include:
- Understanding the Built Positive framework and potential
- Understanding how each material health reporting and optimization path provides a unique approach and result
- Identifying and selecting safe ingredients that are designed to be perpetually cycled
- Exploring design solutions to eliminate the concept of waste and enable reuse, disassembly, and meaningful recovery of materials and products
- Identifying support systems that will be necessary for circularity in the built environment to be achieved
- Discovering potential to realize value from this work
The When: Thursday, November 30th, 9:00 am – 4:00 pm
The Where: The event will take place at DPR Construction, San Francisco, California, United States.
The Who: This event is appropriate for anyone involved in specifying building materials, making purchasing decisions, or managing construction and design waste.
The How: Please register here.
The Details: Workshop participants will be eligible for AIA, IDCEC, and GBCI continuing education credits. Space is limited in this exclusive, FREE workshop, so please pass the word on to your friends today!