Every year, I look forward to attending West Coast Green in San Francisco. It’s a chance for me to learn about new building products/technologies, get inspired by industry leaders, and connect with fellow “green” enthusiasts. It will take place on September 30 – October 2, 2010 at the Fort Mason Center located along the San Francisco Bay. As the largest conference on green innovation for the built environment in the West Coast, it consists of so many educational seminars, exhibitors, and showcases that I have already started planning my daily schedule.
As always, this year’s conference will offer numerous opportunities for people to exchange ideas and participate in stimulating conversations: a pre-conference workshop on Passive House building standards hosted by Passive House California, a pre-conference workshop on LEED for Existing Buildings, Innovation Pipeline 3.0 showcasing cutting-edge products in early development stages, a Green MBA Bootcamp, an Edible Show Garden organized by Josiah Cain, a net-zero energy show home, and of course the Opening Night Party.
The speakers will challenge the status quo and inspire action. I can’t wait to hear William McDonough, Michael Braungart’s partner in crime, share his Cradle to Cradle stories. I also look forward to seeing Van Jones, Founder of Green For All and President Obama’s former Special Advisor for Green Jobs. Other thought leaders and visionaries come from the design and building industries, business industry, and government agencies to discuss the green economy. They will speak in one or more of the 6 educational tracks:
- Better Business, Branding & Social Innovation;
- Future Communities 4.0;
- Cool Tech & Hot Products;
- Energy + H20;
- Entrepreneurship Training; and
- Smart Grid = Smart Cities.
Are you ready to stimulate your thinking, be a change agent, and help make a positive impact on our planet? If you haven’t registered yet, then get to it and see you at West Coast Green!
West Coast Green is offering a 30% discount off of the Full Conference Pass (full price is $1175) and 30% discount off of the Full Conference 1 Day Pass (full price is $445). Each pass gives you access to the Keynotes, Educational Sessions, Networking Opportunities, and the Tradeshow Floor.
- West Coast Green: Innovations, Ideas, and Opportunities
- West Coast Green 09: Innovations, Ideas, and Opportunities Shared
- West Coast Green Brings Green Building Leaders to PCBC
- Jam-Packed Session at West Coast Green 09: Alex Wilson’s Talk on The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly: a Look at Green & Not-So-Green Building Products
- Ecobuild 2010: Learning From Our European Counterparts in Green Building